This meatball recipe containing Slim Jim meat sticks is unlike any you’ve seen before. I first heard of this recipe while watching the Hunger Channel with George Duran, with him actually testing it on people walking on the street. While beef jerky isn't conventionally an ingredient for a meatball recipe, it tastes great, and is also a great conversation starter.
- 13 Slim Jim meat sticks, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 sausage link, casing removed
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped parsley
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup of liquid egg substitutes
- Preheat broiler and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix panko and milk in bow, and let settle for 5 minutes
- Put all ingredients in the food processor, and pulse to stir ingredients together
- Run food processor until a paste is formed
- Roll the meat into balls (make sure hands are wet)
- Place the Slim Jim Balls onto the baking sheet, and broil for 10 minutes
- Skewer balls, and enjoy!